Kids Guide to the Las Vegas Strip
- The best kids hotel and casino on the Vegas Strip is the aptly named Circus Circus, where sleeping under the big top is the theme. Realistically, families staying at most of the major casinos will find plenty of positives like quality dining options, kid friendly pools and appropriate entertainment.
- The Vegas shows are the perfect entertainment choice and make a great family memory.[important title="Vegas Shows"]Magic shows, certain comedians and the Blue Man Group are favorites for pleasing the entire family[/important]. Try the afternoon or early evening shows which will keep your kids from staying up past their bedtimes.
- Arcades on the Vegas Strip often have futuristic games and fast paced multi-player arcade games for kids of all ages. Gameworks near MGM in the Showcase Mall is the most popular and is directly on the Strip. Across the street ESPN Zone at New York New York has plenty of multi-player sports games. Most of the major casinos offer arcade rooms. Gameworks in the Showcase Mall is the most popular and best known arcade on the Vegas Strip. More Las Vegas Strip arcade rooms for kids can be found at most of the major casinos including Bally's, Bellagio, Circus Circus, ESPN Zone at NY NY, Excalibur, MGM, Grand Monte Carlo, New York New York, The Orleans, Riviera, Sahara, Stratosphere and the Wynn. Get ready for some high tech, state of the art fun at the any of the best Las Vegas Strip arcades.
- Go-Karts are an exciting way to get the adrenaline running and compete against your friends. The driving adventure in Vegas is perfect for older kids who will enjoy the challenge of the intense indoor track and precise handling offered by the next-generation of go-karts that can really move. Steer on over to Pole Position next to the Palms for driving excitement the whole family can enjoy.
- Nothing beats a hot day like an air conditioned movie theater and refillable popcorn oozing with butter and salt. Luckily, there is a great one right in the middle of the Strip which shows the hottest Hollywood movies.
- Amusement parks attract visitors and the Vegas Strip casinos' Stratosphere and New York New York have a few rides that totally thrill those visitors. The Stratosphere's unique amusement park on top of its long tower provide an extra dimension to the gravity defying and mind boggling rides.
- The Vegas Zoo is a short drive away from the action, but getting away from it for a few hours may be just what your family needs to recharge.
- Everyone loves shopping, and there is no better place to shop for the entire family than at the Desert Passage shops. WIth plenty of stores for kids, moms and dads make this one of the best malls in America and a popular destination for many families with kids to spend a few hours and find an easy place to eat.
- Relaxation and comfort await at many of the great spas throughout the city. Call ahead to make sure of any age limit on children.
- Taking the kids to get cooled off in the oh so popular vegas strip hotel pools that are open to hotel guests. Make sure you apply plenty of sunscreen and suntan lotion. If you are staying at one of the popular hotels then you are paying for the luxury to enjoy the pools so get out there. By the way, the pool area is great for taking vacation-family-friendly pictures as there is plenty of lighting from the sun and the atmosphere makes for great backgrounds.
Vegas was not always kid friendly but in the 1980's and 1990's the city focused on attracting more family vacationers to boost tourism. Many family friendly casinos, restaurants and entertainment appeared throughout the Vegas Strip to cater to the younger crowd.