Las Vegas Marriage License Tips
- Marriage license office open practically all day! The downtown office is closed after midnight, so if you want to get married at 3am on Friday or Saturday night you will have to wait till 8am in the morning to get your license.
- Inexpensive licensing process by the County Clerk Marriage Services Division.
- Clark County Clerk Marriage Services Division
- 201 East Clark Avenue
- Las Vegas, Nevada 89155-1603
- Phone (702) 671-0600
- Fax (702) 385-8911
- Clark County Marriage License website
- To get your license you and your partner will need proof of identification. Accepted photo IDs are a valid driver’s license, a birth certificate, a military identification card, a resident alien card, or a passport. Remember to also bring $60.00 cash to pay for a Las Vegas marriage license or bring a credit card, cashier's check or money order. You must be 18 or have proof of your parents consent.
- Long lines into the government office during peak hours, but thankfully the licensing office is well staffed so maybe you will wait for an hour in line during peak hours, like weekend nights.
- Taxi service for marriage licensing is a quick way to get to the county clerk. Hop in one and say "marriage license" and any Vegas taxi driver will have you standing in front of the courthouse in 15 minutes or less. Afterwards, taxi cabs are lined up outside the Vegas marriage license offices ready to drive any couple directly to the chapel for the marriage service and will even suggest one for you if you have not made reservations in advance.
- Open on Holidays, which makes sense since holidays are Vegas busiest times and couples love tying the knot on Christmas, New Years and St. Patrick's Day. Valentine's Day is one of the busiest times of the year, so plan ahead and get your license ahead of time, at least the day before.
- Again, get your license early hours and hours before your wedding if it is set for a specific time. The County Clerk Marriage Services Division downtown office is extra staffed during peak hours but that is often hard to gage so lines form. Basically it is possible that if you wait till an hour before your wedding to get your marriage license you might end up being late to your own wedding.
- Besides Downtown other Vegas Marriage License locations:
- Mesquite hours are Wednesday 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., closed for lunch from 11:30 a.m. to 12:00 noon. Friday 3:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. and Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m, but the office is closed during legal holidays. 500 Hillside Drive, Mesquite, NV 89027 (702) 346-1867
- Laughlin hours are Thursday - Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., while closed for lunch from noon to 12:30 p.m. and closed during legal holidays. 101 Civic Way, Laughlin, NV 89029 (702) 298-1097
- Henderson hours are Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and closed for lunch from 12:00 noon to 12:30 p.m. and closed during legal holidays. 240 S. Water Street, Henderson, NV 89015 (702) 455-1055
- The Office of Civil Marriage Commissioner for civil ceremonies is open 8:00 A.M. to 10:00 P.M. daily and that includes all weekends and all holidays.
Vegas marriage licenses are a big business with over 100,000 marriages every year in the state of Nevada with a majority happening somewhere along the Vegas Strip. You cannot just walk into a chapel and get married, you must obtain your marriage license first. The licensing should take about 1/2 an hour and then you can head to the marriage chapel for the ceremony.